MPAH operates primarily by Scheduled Appointments.
This method allows ample time for all Patients and scheduled surgical procedures.
Appointments that fall under this policy include:
- Boarding Drop-Offs
- And minor Grooming.
MPAH also accepts Emergency Cases.
These cases are inherently unexpected and urgent; therefore, shall always receive top priority. As a result, there may be occasions where the prescheduled appointments are delayed. Our staff will alert any prescheduled appointments of potential wait times and offer options for service.
Please realize that we make a sincere attempt to see each client on time.
Client/Patient Arrival Policy
- All dogs must be on a leash and properly controlled while in the waiting area or exam rooms.
- All cats must be presented in an appropriate cat carrier, on a leash, or in your arms.
Even though we make every effort to make our patients feel comfortable during visits, they may be a little uneasy about new people, new surroundings and other pets. This is one of the reasons we ask you to restrain your pet.
Your pet may boarded for the day for needed care.
- The Patient will need to undergo a short check-in exam. This includes: checking for fleas/ticks and taking their temperature.
- This brief evaluation is required on all animals entering our hospital for the safety of all pets.
- If any external parasites are found treatment will be required.
- Drop Off is usually in the morning;
- Our doctors examine the Patient in between appointments or at the time purposely reserved for admitted patients.
- You will need to leave a number where you may be reached in case we have questions.
- The doctor will review the findings and give you discharge instructions at pick-up.
For any kind of stay at MPAH: For the safety of all animals in our care, we require that all vaccinations be up to date.